Ps4 Modded Controllers - Xbox One Modded Controllers - Call Of Duty Controller Mods - Ps4 Modded Controller - Xbox One Modded Controller - Call Of Duty Controllers - Rapid Fire Mods

Ps4 Modded Controllers - Xbox One Modded Controllers - Call Of Duty Controller Mods: Hall of Fame Wrestler Suing Activision for COD Likeness

ModsRus Special Offers - Free Set Of Controller Thumb Stick Covers

Welcome To ModsRus Mods - Special Offers - Free Set Of Controller Thumb Stick Covers With Any Controller Purchase. Limited Time Offer.

Hall of Fame Wrestler Suing Activision for COD Likeness

Hall of Fame Wrestler Suing Activision for COD Likeness


Here is a story I came across that gave me a bit of a chuckle. As well as being a huge Call of Duty fan I am also a huge wrestling fan so this is a news story that appealed to me on two levels.

Anyway, the folks at Activision have a lawsuit on their hand from retired WWE wrestler, Booker T. Booker T in case you do not know is a big deal, former world champion, WWE Hall of Fame inductee and he is highly thought after in the wrestling world.

Clearly, someone at Treyarch is a wrestling fan as one of their characters in Call of Duty Black Ops IIII, Prophet. Is clearly based on Booker T! What is funny about this is that as I and my buddies are wrestling fans we have referred to Prophet as Booker T since the game came out and we just did this for fun and thought that it was something Treyarch did for fun.

Well Booker T is not happy they have used his likeness without permission and is suing them for it. As a fan of Booker T and COD, I really do think that every effort was made to make Prophet look just like Booker T. When you see the two side by side there is no way that this was a coincidence.

What I think is strange is that Booker T’s legal team are saying that they have copied G.I Bro. This was a character Booker T used to portray. I am not so sure, as a fan of both the wrestler and the game that I would agree with that, but clearly, the face that they have used is based on Booker T!

While I find this a rather amusing news story, I must admit that this is not the first time a celebrity has been unhappy with the unauthorized use of their likeness in a game. It could set an interesting precedent for gaming if he is victorious in his case.

Call of Duty has always had strong celebrity ties in their games so you have to wonder what they were thinking here? If someone at Treyarch was a fan of Booker T (which I think they clearly were) why not just ask the man if they can use him in the game?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ModsRus Popular Posts

Contact ModsRus

Name

Email *

Message *